Let's Go Retail
Blueprint Employment and Training in partnership with Challenge Employment and Training and MET Solutions aims to support Queenslanders into long-term sustainable employment within the retail industry. Participants will receive a SIR20216 Certificate II in Retail Services with one week vocational placement with a world-renowned employer. Regular one on one employment and mentoring support will also be provided throughout the program. Participants will gain skills in:
• Communicating in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
• Organising and maintaining the store environment
• Engaging the customers
• Producing visual merchandise displays
• Using strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
• Receiving and handling retail stock
• Handling food safely in a retail environment
• Using business technology
In addition to receiving your SIR20216 Certificate II in Retail Services, you will also be placed in a tailored supportive program catered to your needs as a learner. Challenge deliver specialist Foundation Skills to assist you through your qualification should you require it and ensure you are confident and competent to enter the workforce on completion of the program.
The Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative focuses on supporting learners who are Queensland residents and identified with any of the following circumstances:
• ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance
• require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment
• have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
*Eligibility criteria apply.
For more information, please refer to this brochure or contact Cathy on 0401 465 914!